Project Code: P.307-2022-004
Project Name: Improving Food Security and Building The Resilience of Local Communities Through Rehabilitation of Productive Communities Structures in Daykundi, Afghanistan 2022
Districts: Shahristan District
Donor: Caritas Germany/CAFOD
Beneficiaries: Host Community
Project Start Date: 07/01/2022
Project End Date: 12/30/2022
Total Directed Beneficiaries: 2440HHs
To ensure the survival of the most vulnerable families in Daikundi province who are acutely affected by food insecurity and the effects of winter and strengthen the resilience of their communities.
Provide income support to poor, vulnerable men and women through short-term, intensive and unskilled so they can meet their essential needs
Build or rehabilitate community assets and infrastructure that are vital for sustaining the livelihoods of a community and restoring agricultural activities
1. Check Dam – this activity was completed 100% and the targeted volumes of 320 m3 were successfully completed and 450 m3 additionally worked in the contribution of the community. 2. Road Rehabilitation 5,900m – the targeted volumes completed and till end of November 2022 communities worked 6226 m additionally and it will continue up to 08 December 2022 and an update will be shared later.
3. Cannel Cleaning 10,000 m – the targeted volumes and lengths completed and till the end of November 2022 communities worked 1800m additionally the work of this activity will continue up to 08 December 2022 and the next update will be shared later. Wash sector:
4. Spring Cleaning/Rehabilitation 1,600 m3, the targeted volumes successfully completed, and till the end of November 2022 communities worked 243.6 m3 additionally the work of this activity will continue up to 08 December 2022 and the next update will be shared later.
5. Pipe construction 10,000 m, the progression of this activity is 95% up to the end of November 2022, and the work of this activity will continue till 08 December 2022 to complete the remaining volumes.
6. New good construction (20 dug wells) the progression of digging for this activity is 10% up to the end of November 2022.
7. Rehabilitation of dug wells (50 dug wells) the progression of digging for this activity is 10% up to the end of November 2022.